No products in the basket.
BASIC HARDWEARING LAWN
Ideal for any high wear lawn, children’s play area or dog run.
Price details per 1.00 kg (VAT: Zero rated)
Buy 5.00 kg at 20% discount
Buy 10.00 kg at 25% discount
Buy 15.00 kg at 30% discount
Buy 20.00 kg at 35% discount
Buy 25.00 kg at 40% discount
Buy 100.00 kg + at 50% discount
Contents ( 1.00 kg )
- 30% GALLEON certified Creeping Ryegrass
- 30% NUI certified Perennial Ryegrass
- 40% MAXIMA 1 certified Strong Fescue
Contents per acre ( 0.00 kg )
Contents per hectare ( 0.00 kg )
Contents ( 0.00 kg )
Our hard wearing, fast growing lawn seed mixture is an economical blend of persistent ryegrass and fescue species designed specifically to stand up better against the wear and tear of repetitive use which would usually cause serious long lasting damage to a less durable turf.
Ideal for a hard working back garden lawn or any grass area where children run around, play lots of sports or ride bikes etc.
This product is purposely blended to form a dense, closely knitted and very durable lawn capable of robust self repair via it’s quick recovery time and lateral re-growth into worn or damaged areas.
What makes this Hard wearing fast growing Lawn Seed mixture successful is that the ryegrass content responds very well to applications of spring, summer or autumn fertiliser.
If an established area has been be subjected to higher than usual wear and tear (It is not indestructible), a good feed of a general purpose compound fertiliser can help increase the speed of repair.
For extreme damage to a hard wearing lawn, some additional fast growing lawn seeds such as our Lawn Repair With Ryegrass blend may be required to help properly reinstate any larger gaps or areas of completely torn up turf.
After initial establishment maintain a leaf length of 25- 50mm and feed well in the spring and autumn.
35 to 50 grams per square metre
BEST SOWING TIMES
March to October
Each kg covers a minimum of 20 square metres
- Produce a firm, weed free seedbed clear of large stones and any other debris.
- Rake or harrow over the surface to create a thin layer of fine soil (tilth) approximately 10-20mm deep.
- Split the total quantity of amenity grass seed to be applied into two equal amounts.
- Apply the first half over the entire area either by hand or by using a broadcast spreader.
- Gently work most of the applied seeds into the tilth with a firm rake or harrow.
- Apply the remaining seed in the same way and again, rake or harrow most of them into the tilth.
- Finally, lightly roll or tread over the surface to squeeze the seeds and tilth down into the seedbed. This method ensures the lawn seeds are evenly spread, set at different depths and in good contact with the soil. All of which helps to anchor the seeds in position so as not to float away during heavy or persistant rainfall and to retain the correct moisture level for quicker germination.
- Lawn seed may also be surface sown however, germination may be uneven and significantly slower particularly during periods of prolonged sunny, dry or windy weather even with regular irrigation.