No products in the basket.
CAMPSITE CAR & CARAVAN PARK
Creates a hardwearing, presentable and durable turf for high traffic touring sites.
Price details per 1.00 kg (VAT: Zero rated)
Buy 5.00 kg at 20% discount
Buy 10.00 kg at 25% discount
Buy 15.00 kg at 30% discount
Buy 20.00 kg at 35% discount
Buy 25.00 kg at 40% discount
Buy 100.00 kg + at 50% discount
Contents ( 1.00 kg )
- 40% BELLEVUE certified Amenity Ryegrass
- 20% GALLEON certified Creeping Ryegrass
- 20% REVERENT certified Strong Fescue
- 10% WAGNER certified Chewings Fescue
- 10% PANDURO certified Meadowgrass
Contents per acre ( 0.00 kg )
Contents per hectare ( 0.00 kg )
Contents ( 0.00 kg )
This mixture is designed to make the most of amenity grass species which do best under the sometimes challenging conditions on and around your campsite, car park, caravan and camping field etc. The resulting dense and durable turf (capable of some self repair) is ideal where tolerance to high vehicle or foot traffic is paramount to maintaining good grass cover over well kept sites.
Once established, the area may be managed as a short, presentable turf which will remain in good colour throughout the year.
All the species in this mixture are very hardy and the blend is constructed to do well on light, free draining to a heavier clay soil.
Sow at the higher rate for more uniformed establishment and faster initial ground cover.
Maintain a cutting height of 25 to 50mm.
20-50 grams per square metre
BEST SOWING TIMES
March to October
25.00 kg covers a minimum of 500 square metres
- Produce a firm, weed free seedbed clear of large stones and any other debris.
- Rake or harrow over the surface to create a thin layer of fine soil (tilth) approximately 10-20mm deep.
- Split the total quantity of amenity grass seed to be applied into two equal amounts.
- Apply the first half over the entire area either by hand or by using a broadcast spreader.
- Gently work most of the applied seeds into the tilth with a firm rake or harrow.
- Apply the remaining seed in the same way and again, rake or harrow most of them into the tilth.
- Finally, use a light to medium weight flat roller to squeeze the seeds and tilth down into the seedbed. This method ensures the amenity grass seeds are evenly spread, set at different depths and in good contact with the soil. All of which helps to anchor the seeds in position so as not to float away during heavy or persistant rainfall and to retain the correct moisture level for quicker germination.
- Amenity grass seed may also be surface sown however, germination may be uneven and significantly slower particularly during periods of prolonged sunny, dry or windy weather even with regular irrigation.