No products in the basket.
QUALITY HARDWEARING LAWN
Excellent cut, colour and persistence for a lush garden lawn.
Price details per 1.00 kg (VAT: Zero rated)
Buy 5.00 kg at 20% discount
Buy 10.00 kg at 25% discount
Buy 15.00 kg at 30% discount
Buy 20.00 kg at 35% discount
Buy 25.00 kg at 40% discount
Buy 100.00 kg + at 50% discount
Contents ( 1.00 kg )
- 45% BELLEVUE certified Amenity Ryegrass
- 20% BROOKLAWN certified Smooth Meadowgrass
- 15% SAMANTA certified Slender Fescue
- 15% CALLIOPE certified Chewings Fescue
- 5% HIGHLAND certified Bentgrass
Contents per acre ( 0.00 kg )
Contents per hectare ( 0.00 kg )
Contents ( 0.00 kg )
Quality Hardwearing Lawn seed makes the best use of fine leaved amenity grass species which perform well on a wide range of soil types from light loam to a heavy clay.
Recommended for more prestigious garden lawns and landscapes. This durable lawn seed mixture is very well suited to areas which are maintained to a high standard with an additional requirement to cope with relatively frequent foot traffic.
The resulting turf from our Quality Hardwearing Lawn Seed mix will keep good colour throughout the year with excellent ground cover in full sun or partial shade although an adequate supply of moisture is advisable during prolonged periods of dry/hot weather to maintain a lush looking lawn, particularly on more free draining soils.
Should an established area be subject to higher than usual wear and tear, a good feed of a compound fertiliser can increase the speed of self-repair and help return a damaged turf to a healthy, lush looking lawn. Should extreme damage occur to your Lawn for any reason, some additional seeds may be required to help ‘fill in’ any gaps of particularly torn up or worn out areas. See: Lawn Repair With Ryegrass to patch in, repair or generally over seed the entire lawn.
Feed the area well with a good quality compound fertiliser in the spring and/or autumn to produce the best leaf colour and root growth.
Maintain a cutting height of 20 to 50mm.
35 to 50 grams per square metre
BEST SOWING TIMES
March to October
Each kg covers a minimum of 20 square metres
- Produce a firm, weed free seedbed clear of large stones and any other debris.
- Rake or harrow over the surface to create a thin layer of fine soil (tilth) approximately 10-20mm deep.
- Split the total quantity of amenity grass seed to be applied into two equal amounts.
- Apply the first half over the entire area either by hand or by using a broadcast spreader.
- Gently work most of the applied seeds into the tilth with a firm rake or harrow.
- Apply the remaining seed in the same way and again, rake or harrow most of them into the tilth.
- Finally, lightly roll or tread over the surface to squeeze the seeds and tilth down into the seedbed. This method ensures the lawn seeds are evenly spread, set at different depths and in good contact with the soil. All of which helps to anchor the seeds in position so as not to float away during heavy or persistant rainfall and to retain the correct moisture level for quicker germination.
- Lawn seed may also be surface sown however, germination may be uneven and significantly slower particularly during periods of prolonged sunny, dry or windy weather even with regular irrigation.