No products in the basket.
A reliable mixture for superior winter ground cover.
Price details per 1.00 kg (VAT: Zero rated)
Buy 5.00 kg at 20% discount
Buy 10.00 kg at 25% discount
Buy 15.00 kg at 30% discount
Buy 20.00 kg at 35% discount
Buy 25.00 kg at 40% discount
Buy 100.00 kg at 50% discount
Contents ( 1.00 kg )
- 30% GALLEON certified Creeping Ryegrass
- 30% TURFGOLD certified Amenity Ryegrass
- 25% SIRTAKY certified Amenity Ryegrass
- 15% CATHRINE certified Slender Fescue
Contents per acre ( 0.00 kg )
Contents per hectare ( 0.00 kg )
Contents ( 0.00 kg )
Strong amenity grass seed is the backbone of any quality Football Pitch grass seed mixture providing fast establishment, reliable and consistent growth and total player confidence during a match – in all weather conditions. This (dwarf ryegrass based) amenity grass seed mixture is designed to create a tightly knitted turf with a high shoot density minimising surface tearing of the football pitch. This is imperative for sound stud purchase and contributes vastly to safe, footsure play and superior ball control – particularly on soft ground.
Allow the new seedlings to establish to a height of approximately 75mm before initially cutting to 50mm. This helps promote tillering of the amenity ryegrass. Thereafter reduce with each mowing until the desired height is obtained.
Average Football Pitch = 5’000 sq m.
20-50 grams per square metre
BEST SOWING TIMES
March to October
25.00 kg covers a minimum of 500 square metres
- Produce a firm, weed free seedbed clear of large stones and any other debris.
- Rake or harrow over the surface to create a thin layer of fine soil (tilth) approximately 10-20mm deep.
- Split the total quantity of amenity grass seed to be applied into two equal amounts.
- Apply the first half over the entire area either by hand or by using a broadcast spreader.
- Gently work most of the applied seeds into the tilth with a firm rake or harrow.
- Apply the remaining seed in the same way and again, rake or harrow most of them into the tilth.
- Finally, use a light to medium weight flat roller to squeeze the seeds and tilth down into the seedbed.This method ensures the amenity grass seeds are evenly spread, set at different depths and in good contact with the soil. All of which helps to anchor the seeds in position so as not to float away during heavy or persistant rainfall and to retain the correct moisture level for quicker germination.
- Amenity grass seed may also be surface sown however, germination may be uneven and significantly slower particularly during periods of prolonged sunny, dry or windy weather even with regular irrigation.