No products in the basket.
250g ECONOMY WILDFLOWER SEEDS
For a complete list of the Wildflower species in this product, please open the MIX WFBA tab below.
Buy 2 with 5% discount each
Buy 4 with 10% discount each
Buy 8 with 15% discount each
Buy 20 with 20% discount each
Buy 40 with 25% discount each
All wildflower seed mixture prices include 20% VAT.
A simple yet visually pleasing native Economy Wildflower Seeds mixture of the more common native species for overseeding into meadows, large gardens and environmentally sensitive landscapes.
For the best results, broadcast these seeds over harrowed (or raked) thin, sparcely populated grassland before rolling (or treading) the surface firm again.
Contains Annual Wildflower Seed and Perennial Wildflower Seed
Over seeding into existing grassland or meadows can be successful providing the sward is sparce, slow growing or non competitive. Any aggresive or fast growing grass species will simply smother new seedlings before they have a chance to become established, particularly in the spring when grassland and meadows are heading (flowering and producing seeds).
Broadleaf and grass weeds should be controlled before sowing takes place and soil fertility should be reasonably low.
Most wildflower species take 6-12 months to fully establish before flowering so we have included some native annual wildflowers for a little first year colour.
1 to 5 grams per square metre
BEST SOWING TIMES
Mid spring to Early autumn
250 grams covers a minimum of 50 square metres
- Rake or harrow the area hard to break up the surface and expose the soil.
- Split the total quantity of wildflower seeds to be applied into two equal amounts. If necessary, add dry sharp sand or sterile topsoil to bulk the mixture up a little.
- Apply the first half over the entire area either by hand or by using a broadcast spreader.
- Apply the remaining seed in the same way.
- Finally, lightly tread over or roll the surface to squeeze the seeds and tilth down into the seedbed. This ensures the seeds are evenly spread and in good contact with the soil which not only helps to anchor the seeds into position (so as not to float away during heavy or persistant rainfall) but to also maintain the correct moisture level for more reliable germination.
- Wildflower meadow seeds may also be surface sown however, germination may be uneven and significantly slower particularly during periods of prolonged sunny, dry or windy weather even with regular irrigation.
This 100% wildflower seeds mixture contains the following native species:
Ox-eye Daisy (leucanthemum vulgare)
Rough Hawkbit (leontodon hispidus)
Knapweed (centaurea nigra)
Corn Cockle (agrostemma githago)
White Campion (silene alba)
Red Campion (silene dioica)
Ladies Bedstraw (galium verum)
Self Heal (prunella vugaris)
Corn Marigold (chrysanthemum segetum)
Meadow Buttercup (ranunculus acris)
Common Sorrel (rumex acetosa)
Field Poppy (papaver rhoeas)
Yellow Rattle (rhinanthus minor)
Wild Carrot (daucus carota)
Ribwort Plantain (plantago lanceolata)
Yarrow (achillea millefolium)
Corn Chamomile (anthemis arvensis)
Cowslip (primula veris)
Salad Burnet (sanuisorba minor)
Cornflower (centaurea cyanus)