No products in the basket.
250g WOODLAND WILDFLOWER SEEDS
For a complete list of the Wildflower species in this 250g mixture, please open the MIX tab below.
Buy 2 with 5% discount each
Buy 4 with 10% discount each
Buy 8 with 15% discount each
Buy 20 with 20% discount each
Buy 40 with 25% discount each
All wildflower seed mixture prices include 20% VAT.
Woodland Glade wildflowers suit open grassland within or the semi shaded grassland adjacent to a sparsely populated orchard or young wood. Tree management may be required as the area matures to prevent the leaf canopy from closing over the established glade.
Whilst these wildflowers are shade tolerant they do benefit greatly from opening up shaded areas and will flourish with less competition for sunlight.
Clear and control nettles, brambles and ground ivy before sowing this mixture.
Top in late October and remove all autumn leaf litter during dry winter weather.
Never apply fertiliser to a wildflower area.
1 to 5 grams per square metre
BEST SOWING TIMES
Mid spring to Early autumn
250 grams covers a minimum of 50 square metres
- Rake or harrow the area hard to break up the surface and expose the soil.
- Split the total quantity of wildflower seeds to be applied into two equal amounts. If necessary, add dry sharp sand or sterile topsoil to bulk the mixture up a little.
- Apply the first half over the entire area either by hand or by using a broadcast spreader.
- Apply the remaining seed in the same way.
- Finally, lightly tread over or roll the surface to squeeze the seeds and tilth down into the seedbed. This ensures the seeds are evenly spread and in good contact with the soil which not only helps to anchor the seeds into position (so as not to float away during heavy or persistant rainfall) but to also maintain the correct moisture level for more reliable germination.
- Wildflower meadow seeds may also be surface sown however, germination may be uneven and significantly slower particularly during periods of prolonged sunny, dry or windy weather even with regular irrigation.
This 100% wildflower seeds mixture contains the following native species:
Bluebell (endymion non scriptus)
Red Campion (silena dioica)
Garlic Mustard (allaria petiolata)
Hedge Woundwort (stachys sylvatica)
Betony (betonica officinalis)
Wood Avens (geum urbanum)
Meadowsweet (filipendula ulmaria)
Wild Foxglove (digitalis pururea)
Hedge Bedstraw (galium mollugo)
Self Heal (prunella vulgaris)
Hairy St Johns Wort (hypericum hirsutum)
Wood Sage (teucrium scorodonia)
Ramsons (allium ursinum)
Upright Hedge Parsley (torilis japonica)
Nettle Leaved Bellflower (companula trachelium)
Corn Cockle (grostemma githago)
Cornflower (centaurea cyanus)
Corn Marigold (chrysanthemum segetum)
Field Poppy (papaver rhoeas)
White Campion (silene alba)
Corn Chamomile (anthemis arvensis)