No products in the basket.
250g DRY SOIL WILDFLOWER SEEDS
For a complete list of the Wildflower species in this 250g mixture, please open the MIX tab below.
Buy 2 with 5% discount each
Buy 4 with 10% discount each
Buy 8 with 15% discount each
Buy 20 with 20% discount each
Buy 40 with 25% discount each
All wildflower seed mixture prices include 20% VAT.
All plants require water from soil. Dry soils can be a problem to most fauna as at times there may simply not be enough moisture present to sustain plant growth particularly during the summer months. The wild flower species in this mixture are known to inhabit these soil types and are very suited to drier or free draining ground. Desiccation of these plants may still take place on occasion, but they are all well adapted to producing new growth once suitable levels of moisture become available once again.
Most wild flower seedlings take 6-12 months to establish before flowering so we have included native cornfield annuals for a good display of first year colour.
Never apply fertiliser to a wildflower area.
1 to 5 grams per square metre
BEST SOWING TIMES
Mid spring to Early autumn
250 grams covers a minimum of 50 square metres
- Rake or harrow the area hard to break up the surface and expose the soil.
- Split the total quantity of wildflower seeds to be applied into two equal amounts. If necessary, add dry sharp sand or sterile topsoil to bulk the mixture up a little.
- Apply the first half over the entire area either by hand or by using a broadcast spreader.
- Apply the remaining seed in the same way.
- Finally, lightly tread over or roll the surface to squeeze the seeds and tilth down into the seedbed. This ensures the seeds are evenly spread and in good contact with the soil which not only helps to anchor the seeds into position (so as not to float away during heavy or persistant rainfall) but to also maintain the correct moisture level for more reliable germination.
- Wildflower meadow seeds may also be surface sown however, germination may be uneven and significantly slower particularly during periods of prolonged sunny, dry or windy weather even with regular irrigation.
This 100% wildflower seeds mixture contains the following native species:
Musk Mallow (malva moschata)
Bulbous Buttercup (ranuncaulus bulbosus)
Ribwort Plantain (plantago lanceolata)
Corn Cockle (agrostemma githago)
Hoary Plantain (plantago media)
Kidney Vetch (anthyllis vulneraria)
Greater Knapweed (centaurea scabiosa)
Corn Marigold (chrysanthemum segetum)
Field Scabious (knautia arvensis)
Agrimony (agrimonia eupatoria)
Ladies Bedstraw (galium verum)
Common St Johns Wort (hypericum perforatum)
Wild Carrot (daucus carota)
Self Heal (prunella vugaris)
Ox-eye Daisy (leucanthemum vulgare)
Field Poppy (papaver rhoeas)
Greater Hawkbit (leontodon hispidus)
Yarrow (achillea millefolium)
Corn Chamomile (anthemis arvensis)
Vipers Bugloss (echam vulgare)
Dark Mullen (verbascum nigrum)
Birdsfoot Trefoil (lotus corniculatus)
Cowslip (primula veris)
Cornflower (entaurea cyanus)