No products in the basket.
Superior winter durability, persistence and ground cover.
Price details per 1.00 kg (VAT: Zero rated)
Buy 5.00 kg at 20% discount
Buy 10.00 kg at 25% discount
Buy 15.00 kg at 30% discount
Buy 20.00 kg at 35% discount
Buy 25.00 kg at 40% discount
Buy 100.00 kg at 50% discount
Contents ( 1.00 kg )
- 40% GALLEON certified Creeping Ryegrass
- 25% VERDI certified Amenity Ryegrass
- 15% FANCY certified Amenity Ryegrass
- 20% MAXIMA 1 certified Strong Fescue
Contents per acre ( 0.00 kg )
Contents per hectare ( 0.00 kg )
Contents ( 0.00 kg )
Hardy amenity ryegrass is the backbone of a quality winter sports turf seed mixture providing fast establishment, reliable and consistent growth plus total player confidence during a match – in any weather conditions. This specific Rugby Field grass seeds mixture is designed to create a tightly knitted sward with a high shoot density minimising tearing degradation of the pitch surface. This is imperative for sound stud purchase and contributes vastly to safe, footsure play, particularly on softer ground.
Allow the new seedlings to establish to a height of approximately 75mm before initially cutting to 50mm. This helps promote tillering of the amenity ryegrass. Thereafter reduce with each mowing until the desired height is obtained.
Rugby Field = 7000 sq m (not including dead ball areas).
20-50 grams per square metre
BEST SOWING TIMES
March to October
25.00 kg covers a minimum of 500 square metres
- Produce a firm, weed free seedbed clear of large stones and any other debris.
- Rake or harrow over the surface to create a thin layer of fine soil (tilth) approximately 10-20mm deep.
- Split the total quantity of amenity grass seed to be applied into two equal amounts.
- Apply the first half over the entire area either by hand or by using a broadcast spreader.
- Gently work most of the applied seeds into the tilth with a firm rake or harrow.
- Apply the remaining seed in the same way and again, rake or harrow most of them into the tilth.
- Finally, use a light to medium weight flat roller to squeeze the seeds and tilth down into the seedbed.This method ensures the amenity grass seeds are evenly spread, set at different depths and in good contact with the soil. All of which helps to anchor the seeds in position so as not to float away during heavy or persistant rainfall and to retain the correct moisture level for quicker germination.
- Amenity grass seed may also be surface sown however, germination may be uneven and significantly slower particularly during periods of prolonged sunny, dry or windy weather even with regular irrigation.